Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lolifying Your Room with Border Prints

Konnichiwa minnachan! My name is Leera but I much prefer being called Leelee-chan. It’s much more kawaii don’t you think? I’ve been a lifestyle for a little over a year and a half and my lovely friend Miss Glitter Princess asked me to help with her blog, which I am more than willing to do! Isn’t it adorable? I’m very excited to help you all live out your Lolita lives with the elegance of a softly blooming flower.

So what I’d first like to talk about is one of my favorite activities. Decorating!

Lately lolita brands all over Japan have been putting out these absolutely adorable border prints that I covet with such passion. Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Metamorphose temps de Fille, and even Innocent World have been putting out more and more prints that embody the innocence of childhood.



Some examples of these adorable prints

Now, if you're like me and want to extend the beauty of lolita beyond just wearing dresses you can easily transfer this most adorable style of borders from your clothes to your decor!

How? With nursery wallpaper borders!

Sure, some can be just a smidge too childish, but with a lolita-tuned sense of taste you can easily go into the nursery section and pick out something that's just right for your room.

Here are some great examples I found on http://www.wallpaperborders.com!


These duckies remind me a lot of an ETC print that came out a while ago!


Aren't these fairies absolutely darling?


Perfect for your inner princess! I wouldn't be surprised if Baby released something similar in the near-future.


Something for the fan of more classic pieces a-la Innocent World. I just want to snuggle these kittens!

So next time you think of redoing your private boudoir, consider getting a wallpaper border from the nursery or children's section. It may just be what you're needing for that final lolita touch.

1 comment: